You will need to choose a training provider to train your apprentice.
Find apprenticeship training will help you search for one by location, job role or keyword.
Your training provider can provide you with as much help and support as you need when you take on an apprentice.
Your training provider may also be able to help with:
- finding the right apprenticeship for you
- preparing your apprentice for your organisation
- making sure your apprentice is working in an appropriate environment
- finding the right pace of learning for your apprentice
- working with you to make sure your apprentice is learning the relevant skills
Misunderstandings and myths
There are some misunderstandings and myths about what you can and can't do when working with a training provider. Here are a couple of examples:
- you can only work with one training provider at a time - not true, you can use a number of training providers
- you can't get funding for over-24s - not true, you can get funding for apprenticeships depending on both your circumstances
Why not call to supercharge your business
Embrace change and employ an apprentice
Search for the ideal apprenticeship training that fits with your business needs and start the journey of taking on an apprentice.
A collection of further reading to help you take on an apprentice
Find out when you have to pay the apprenticeship levy and how to report your payments
The latest funding rules for employers wanting to take on an apprentice
Transfer unused funds to another employer and how to use transferred funds if you're an employer who's received a transfer of funds
If you're an employer who's looking to take on an apprentice, you can search for apprenticeships by job or keyword and find suitable training providers
Use this service to find a training provider that you want to use to train your apprentice
The Institute helps employers create high quality apprenticeships that meet the needs of businesses