Apprenticeships help bring valuable skills into your business with the government's support.
They’re suitable for people at any level so you can hire someone new or upskill an existing employee.
You’ll need to create an apprenticeship service account to hire an apprentice. Watch our webinar to learn more about recruitment and promoting apprenticeship vacancies.
You can then:
- choose an apprenticeship training course and find a training provider using find apprenticeship training
- create your own apprenticeship opportunity using recruit an apprentice
If you create an apprenticeship opportunity, we’ll advertise it on find an apprenticeship.
You can manage the recruitment process or ask your training provider to manage it on your behalf.
An apprentice must:
- be 16 or over
- not already be in full-time education
- be living in England
Find an apprentice using a Flexi-Job Apprenticeship Agency
Flexi-Job Apprenticeships are designed for host employers to take on an apprentice without the need to employ them directly. You can host an apprentice on a short-term placement using an agency on the Register of Flexi-Job Apprenticeship Agencies.
Find an apprentice using social media or open days
There are other ways to find an apprentice and increase the diversity of your applicants. For example, you can:
- hold open days
- arrange visits to schools, colleges and universities
- use social media
- participate in careers events, like WorldSkills UK Live