Business administration means handling day-to-day tasks to ensure a business runs smoothly. It is a vital part of any organisation and an apprenticeship is a great way to get your foot in the door. As an employee who knows how the company works, you will become a valuable asset to the team.
Typical tasks could include:
- providing office support so that staff can work smoothly with customers and each other
- maintaining organised files and records of business activity
- analysing data and market trends
- conducting research and contributing to company reports
- giving feedback on office efficiency and suggesting possible improvements
Apprenticeship duration: approx. 18 months
Salary expectations: starting salary can be between £13k and £20k
Where could you work? …Anywhere!
Business administrators can work in any sector and they are highly in demand. Many organisations, like the NHS, require more. Whether it’s a manufacturing company like Bentley, or a telecoms company like BT, they all need business administrators.
“The skills that employers and wider society need are constantly changing, so it’s important we’re continually looking to upskill people. Improving skills means inspiring new talent.”
- Andy Wales, Chief Digital Impact and Sustainability Officer, BT Group
Meet some apprentices
Meet Millie, promoted to a medical assistant with Royal Devon NHS Trust.
Meet Mariam, who has completed her apprenticeship with an award-winning consultancy.
Meet Stefania, who has now progressed to a degree apprenticeship with Grant Thornton.
View the latest apprenticeship vacancies based on your interest and location with details of how to apply.