If your application is successful, the employer will invite you for an interview. If you’re upskilling with your current employer, you may not have one.
Your interview will depend on the type of employer the apprenticeship is with. For example, you may only have one interview with a small employer but up to three with a larger employer.
Interviews for an apprenticeship are usually similar to interviews for any other job. They could be:
- face to face
- with a panel
- over the phone
- online - for example, on Skype or Zoom
To make sure you’re prepared, you should:
- research the apprenticeship and the organisation
- practice by doing a mock interview
- check where and when the interview is
- get to the interview early
- dress appropriately and stay focussed
- ask questions if you don’t understand
There’s more interview advice on the National Careers Service website.