Before you start your apprenticeship, your employer will usually contact you. When they do, try and find out:
- your working hours
- the dress code
- what you need to bring - for example, your ID or a notepad and pens
- your travel options - for example, where to park a car or the nearest train station
- who to ask for on your first day
If you already work at the same place you're starting your apprenticeship, then ask your employer directly.
Your employer will find a training provider that’s suitable to provide the training for your apprenticeship.
For example, a training provider could be a college or university.
If you want to find out more about training providers, you can:
- speak to your teacher or careers adviser
- speak to your employer
- go to a job centre or other community programmes
For free advice and support call
08000 150 400
Find an apprenticeship
Search for the right apprenticeship for you! Blaze your own trail and become an apprentice.