What are my future prospects once I’ve successfully finished my apprenticeship?
Once you’ve successfully finished, you have plenty of choices. You could apply for another apprenticeship or find a career that uses your new skills.
Some of the top reasons for becoming an apprentice:
- earn while you learn and get paid a competitive salary
- your training is free
- choose from hundreds of different apprentice jobs in thousands of organisations
- get high quality training paid for by your employer and the government
- a great way to get back into the workplace after a career break, or to re-train in a new areas
- get a boost to your future earnings potential
- develop the skills you need for a range of exciting jobs or careers, no matter your age or background
How much can you earn?
Your salary will depend upon the industry, location and type of apprenticeship you choose.
The minimum wage for an apprentice is £3.90 per hour if you’re aged 16 to 18 - but many employers pay far more than this.
If you’re aged 19 or over and have completed the first year of your apprenticeship, you are entitled to the national minimum wage for your age.
What will my apprenticeship cost me?
When you become an apprentice, you’ll need to cover the cost of your day-to-day expenses, such as lunch and travel.
If you’re a care leaver aged 16-24, you’ll receive a £1,000 bursary payment to support you in the first year of your apprenticeship.
Why not call to blaze your own trail and become an apprentice
Find an apprenticeship
Search for the right apprenticeship for you! Blaze your own trail and become an apprentice.