Hospitality team members support customers and keep venues running smoothly. They are in high demand, making it a great choice for those looking to progress their careers.
Roles are very varied. Typical tasks may include:
- taking and tracking bookings
- supporting guests by answering questions and solving problems
- planning for busy periods
- organising and running events
- promoting food, drinks or services to customers
After completion, apprentices may move on to level 3 hospitality supervisor.
Apprenticeship duration: approx. 12 months
Salary expectations: starting salary can be up to £20k. This can rise quickly due to demand.
Where could you work?
Hospitality team members can work in hotels, restaurants, bars, cafes or anywhere where there is food and drink. After completing your apprenticeship, you might specialise in a single area such as:
- bar management
- baristas, who focus on coffee
- banqueting, serving large events (sometimes attended by thousands of people)
- hosting, greeting people as they arrive and delivering a first class service
“We are really proud to have offered apprenticeships to over 10,000 people in the last 5 years, many straight from school, watching them accelerating into management positions and winning awards along the way.”
- Jan Smallbone, Director of Learning & Talent Development, Mitchells & Butlers
Meet some apprentices
Meet Miranda, who has been promoted to restaurant supervisor.
View the latest apprenticeship vacancies based on your interest and location with details of how to apply.