Apprenticeships have moved on from what they used to be and are an exciting option for both apprentice and employer. You can now employ apprentices at all different levels, from school leavers to people that want to further their careers or change career direction completely. An apprentice can be aged 16 or 100 plus!
As an employer, you can get additional help with funding an apprentice from the government.
The benefits to your organisation
Hiring an apprentice is a productive and effective way for any organisation to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
Employers who have an established apprenticeship programme reported that productivity in their workplace had improved by 76% whilst 75% reported that apprenticeships improved the quality of their product or service.
Other benefits that apprenticeships contribute to your organisation include:
- thousands of organisations are employing apprentices now
- 90% of apprentices stay on in their place of work after completing an apprenticeship
- there's a wide selection of apprenticeships available, covering lots of different job roles within a organisation
- you can adapt the training your apprentice receives according to the needs of your organisation
- an apprenticeship allows you to diversify and freshen up your workforce
- you can employ an apprentice who's 16 up to any age and from any background