A community of current and former apprentices who volunteer their time to inspire and inform the apprentices of tomorrow.
What is the Young Apprentice Ambassador Network (YAAN)?
The Young Apprentice Ambassador Network (YAAN) is a network of current or former apprentices who have volunteered to become a young apprentice ambassador.
Ambassadors support a variety of events and activities that aim to share their experience as an apprentice to inspire and inform young people in making informed career choices.
Ambassadors are members of both the wider national network as well as their regional network. There are 9 regional networks made up of sub-regions and are chaired by an elected YAAN member.
The ambassador role
Ambassadors volunteer their time to inspire and motivate the apprentices of tomorrow.
The role includes:
- live and virtual presentations at local schools or colleges
- attending and speaking to people at career events
- supporting mock assessment centre workshops
- participating in social media campaigns
- sharing experiences using blogs, videos and formal case studies
As well as sharing their personal experiences with young people, their parents and teachers, ambassadors are also encouraged to use social media to connect with and inspire a range of audiences by sharing the benefits of an apprenticeship as well as the Young Apprentice Ambassador Network (YAAN).
The benefits of becoming a YAAN ambassador
As a young apprentice ambassador, you will:
- share your apprenticeship story to inspire others
- boost your professional and personal skills
- meet new people and build your network
- participate in workshops and social media campaigns
- access a wider training and development
- share insights to influence and inform policy decisions
- support and inspire a young person’s career decisions
Ambassadors are invited to take part in various projects and campaigns. Previous members have presented at awards ceremonies, spoken in the House of Commons, attended high profile events and more.
How much time is involved?
By signing up to become a YAAN ambassador, you agree to:
- join your local/regional network
- join/participate in training session provided by the Education and Skills Funding Agency
- be a member for at least 1 year
- volunteer approximately 0.5 days per month/6 events or activities per year
- promote the array of apprenticeship options available
If you have any queries about the YAAN or would like to register your interest in becoming a YAAN ambassador, please email YAAN.email@example.com